Newton Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
At Newton Vineyard, our philosophy is to create globally rare and exceptional wines utilizing a “Nature by Design” approach to our business. We have a long-term view of sustainability and consider the entire ecosystem in our balanced approach ensuring the health and safety of our surrounding environment and people. We are committed to managing our business activities and resources in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We consider legislation as a minimum standard and strive to exceed compliance where practical.
We commit to:
- Incorporate sustainability in our everyday practices and values, and work to educate all people involved in our business to appreciate and embrace these practices.
- The health and safety of all people (employees, guests, contractors and vendors) who visit or work on our land, the reduction of risks to promote wellbeing, and the elimination of hazards in order to achieve this result.
- Meet or exceed our customer needs by focusing on customer experience, product quality, safety and best practices.
- Protect, reinvigorate and continual improvement to our lands, facilities and operational processes to reduce negative impacts.
- Understand and reduce the negative direct and indirect environmental impacts of our operations, products and services.
- The continuing development of our Integrated Management System, meeting the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 requirements.
- Ensuring all workers and their representatives are encouraged to participate in an active role in the development, daily practices and continual improvement of our Integrated Management System.
- Conduct regular internal legal and other compliance audits and assessments to maintain our beyond-compliance position.
- Obtain and incorporate feedback from our key stakeholders including workers and customers as an integral part of our Integrated Management System.
We will achieve these commitments by continual improvement of our Integrated Management System. The objectives of this policy are reviewed by Newton annually to evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and suitability. This policy is revised when found to be inadequate for operations at the facility.